Best Elliptical Under $500 Reviews 2018 | Selection of Best Fitness Experts
Finding the best elliptical on the market isn’t easy. Many of them come with hefty price tags. However, who said that the best products have to be expensive?
In this guide, we will list the best ellipticals under 500 dollars that will provide you with quality service. In addition to being 500 dollars or less, the products on this list offer many advantages, such as Bluetooth and LCD/LED display with Backlit.
An elliptical trainer that is under 500 dollars is small but useful. We have covered all the information you need to know about the best elliptical products under 500 dollars. You will also find information about how to buy an elliptical.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Elliptical Under 500 – Comparison List
- 1.1 #1. Elliptical Cross-trainer By Best Fitness
- 1.2 #2. Cubii Pro under Desk Mini Elliptical (Bluetooth Enabled)
- 1.3 #3. Exerpeutic 5000 Magnetic Elliptical with Double Transmission Drive
- 1.4 #4. Elliptical Cross Trainer By Body Power
- 1.5 #5. The FS1.5 Elliptical Machine Trainer By Xterra Fitness
- 1.6 #6. ProForm Hybrid Trainer – 2-in-1 Elliptical and Recumbent Bike
- 1.7 #7. Body Champ 2 in 1 Cardio Dual Elliptical Trainer By Body Max
- 1.8 #8. ProForm 295 CSE Elliptical Trainer With iFit Coach
- 2 Buyer’s Guide to the Best Elliptical Under 500
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Conclusion
Best Elliptical Under 500 – Comparison List
Best Fitness Elliptical
Our Rating: 8/10
Unit Weight: 106 pounds
Capacity: 225 pounds
Cubii Pro Elliptical
Our Rating: 8.5/10
Unit Weight: 27 pounds
Exerpeutic 1318 5000
Our Rating: 7/10
Unit Weight: 84 pounds
Capacity: 270 pounds
Body Power Elliptical
Our Rating: 6.5/10
Unit Weight: 107.4 pounds
Capacity: 250 pounds
Xterra Fitness FS1.5
Our Rating: 6/10
Unit Weight: 99.2 pounds
Capacity: 250 pounds
ProForm Hybrid Trainer
Our Rating: 7.5/10
Unit Weight: 116.8 pounds
Capacity: 350 pounds
Body Max BRM3671
Our Rating: 7/10
Unit Weight: 85 pounds
Capacity: 275 pounds
ProForm 295 CSE
Our Rating: 6.5/10
Unit Weight: 103 pounds
Capacity: 250 pounds
#1. Elliptical Cross-trainer By Best Fitness
A fitness cross trainer is one of the best elliptical machines for a full body workout. It is perfectly designed to ensure synchronicity between the upper body and the lower body. However, that’s not all you need to know about this machine.
Because the machine is small, it allows you to save space. This makes it the perfect device for office or home use. In addition, it comes with 8 magnetic resistance settings.
The machine remains stable even when resistance increases. Those looking to improve their cardio health will appreciate the fact that while this machine doesn’t take up much space on the floor, its base is secure and its feet stay in place.
An LED console helps you track speed, time, distance, calories, and heart rate as you work out.
- The machine is compact, which makes it great for use in small offices and home areas.
- The lower and upper bodies are synchronized during the workout, creating a full body effect.
- The machine comes with 8 magnetic resistance settings.
- The machine’s LED console displays a variety of statistics, including heart rate.
- Small foot pedals help keep the trainer in place.
- The machine remains stable regardless of the resistance setting.
- Some users say that the machine is noisy.
#2. Cubii Pro under Desk Mini Elliptical (Bluetooth Enabled)
Mini-exercise equipment are a good option for those who want to exercise while working at their desks or watching TV. This is especially true of the Cubii Pro Under Desk Elliptical, which is designed primarily for use when one is seated and which fits perfectly under a desk.
The Cubii Pro Under Desk Elliptical is the ideal machine for exercising when you are watching TV or working, and can burn up to 150 calories per hour. With this machine, you can work on your hamstrings, hips, quads, calves, and glutes. Its ergonomic design gives you a comfortable, smooth workout.
It is also Bluetooth-enabled and has eight adjustable resistance levels to explore. The machine syncs with mobile apps to help you track your workouts. It works quietly and takes only a few minutes to assemble. With its durable construction, you can rest assured that this product will last for a very long time.
- The machine reduces the risk of diabetes, heart disease, and forms of cancer associated with long periods of inactivity.
- It is the perfect machine for people who spend a lot of time sitting.
- The machine is comfortable to use.
- The machine operates quietly.
- The machine connects via Bluetooth.
- You can sync your performance data with HealthKit or Fitbit.
- The machine is easy to assemble
- Some users have complained that the machine is a bit more expensive than other under-desk options.
- The high resistance settings are not as intense as they should be.
#3. Exerpeutic 5000 Magnetic Elliptical with Double Transmission Drive
This is another great elliptical machine. Not only does it look attractive, but it also delivers the power you need when working out. Plus, it’s one of the most affordable machines on the market today.
The Exerpeutic 1318 5000 Magnetic Elliptical Trainer is great for beginners, as it helps them build up their health and fitness levels. Because of the intensity it offers during workouts, this machine can reduce the amount of time you need to become fit by almost half.
This is the perfect machine for home use. Its small size means that you won’t need much storage space, while its portability allows you to take your exercise session anywhere. Plus, you don’t have to worry about comfort, as the pedal is designed to help you easily achieve your workout goals.
- The machine is comfortable, so you will enjoy your workout experience.
- It is Bluetooth-enabled, which will help you track your training sessions and progress.
- The crank system is long-lasting, allowing for a continuous workout with amazing results.
- The machine comes with a user manual.
- The machine can easily be moved around.
- The user manual and assembly instructions aren’t easy to follow
- The display console lacks quick-select resistance functions.
#4. Elliptical Cross Trainer By Body Power
This machine is extremely solid and robust, and its corrosion-resistant finish will keep it looking new no matter how much you use it. The machine is quite compact and doesn’t require much storage space.
Also, the Body Power Elliptical Cross Trainer has been designed with the user’s convenience in mind. It comes with an easy-to-read console that displays the workout statistics you need, including distance, time, and number of calories burned. You can set the monitor to display only one statistic, or you can rotate statistics.
A conveniently located knob increases or reduces resistance throughout your workout. The system operates on friction to suit everyone from experienced exercisers to newbies.
Assembling this machine is easy. Simply follow the instructions and you will be exercising in no time. Although the machine is quite heavy, it has transport wheels that make it easy to move. In addition, this machine comes with a one-year warranty.
- The machine has a robust and durable steel frame.
- The solid flywheel offers a smooth, quiet ride with constant momentum.
- The console displays workout stats, so you don’t have to stop to track your progress.
- The console automatically switches off after a few minutes of inactivity.
- With dual-direction pedaling, you can target more muscle groups.
- The machine’s large, durable pedals are designed to accommodate all styles of athletic shoes.
- The machine comes with transport wheels, which makes it easy to move from place to place.
- The machine doesn’t fold for easy storage.
- Its maximum weight limit is 250 pounds, which means it’s not ideal for everyone.
#5. The FS1.5 Elliptical Machine Trainer By Xterra Fitness
The next elliptical machine on the list is the Xterra Fitness FS1.5 Elliptical Machine Trainer. With a stride of 14 inches, the machine can easily move forward and backward. Let’s dig deeper.
The machine has a 5-inch LCD monitor that is easy to see and read. It also offers 13 programs for you to explore. Two elliptical programs are targeted toward helping you control your heart rate.
Users will find 16 resistance levels for them to try. This makes the Xterra Fitness FS1.5 Elliptical Machine Trainer a versatile machine for people who live together, but who have different preferences. Regardless of the resistance, the trainer’s movement will always be smooth thanks to its 17-pound flywheel.
The machine has a steel frame, which makes it more stable. In addition, the handlebars have soft cushioning that tracks your heart rate and transmits the signals to the monitor. The Xterra Fitness FS1.5 Elliptical Machine Trainer is not only a powerful device but is also friction-free and quiet.
- The machine has a smooth 14-inch stride which moves forward and backward easily.
- The large LCD screen displays information about the progress of your workout.
- It offers 16 magnetic resistance levels.
- With its 17-pound flywheel, the machine provides fluid movement as you work out.
- Cushioned handlebars track your heart rate.
- The 14-inch stride can be rough for some users.
- Doesn’t have a backlit LCD display.
#6. ProForm Hybrid Trainer – 2-in-1 Elliptical and Recumbent Bike
This high-end machine offers many great features. The ProForm Hybrid Trainer is more than just an affordable machine. It’s offering an elliptical trainer and a recumbent bike. Its overall design is amazing, and it has a clear LCD screen that will help you track statistics like speed, time, and distance. In addition, due to its small size, the machine doesn’t require much space. When you see the machine’s many positive reviews online, you will know that it is indeed one of the best.
- The machine comes with an LCD monitor to help you track your calories and speed as your work out.
- It has a comfortable seat.
- You can adjust levels, changing the intensity so that you achieve the best results.
- Transport wheels help you easily move the machine before and after a workout session.
- The machine doesn’t come with a wireless heart rate monitor.
- Sometimes, the product has arrived damaged.
#7. Body Champ 2 in 1 Cardio Dual Elliptical Trainer By Body Max
The Body Max BRM3671 Body Champ can be used as both an elliptical trainer and a stationary bike. It is ideal for “average” exercisers. Its maximum weight limit is 250 pounds.
This is a great machine for working out. It doesn’t wobble or create noise, and it has a sturdy construction. Its computerized preset programs ensure efficiency. The device includes heart-based programs, and its two-way adjustable seat can easily be moved horizontally or vertically to achieve the most comfortable position for use as either a bike or an elliptical trainer. Plus, with the LCD monitor, it’s a lot easier to track your training progress.
The machine comes with a user manual to help you get the most out of this device. However, many people say that the machine is so easy to operate, they didn’t need instructions. Putting the machine together is also easy; anyone can set their desired program and start burning calories.
- The machine is compact, yet of good quality.
- It is easy to assemble.
- The machine can be used as either a bike or an elliptical.
- It monitors your heart rate and adjusts the intensity accordingly.
- It is lightweight.
- The machine is a bit noisy.
- If it’s not tightened properly, the machine wobbles.
- The 14-inch stride can be rough for some users.
#8. ProForm 295 CSE Elliptical Trainer With iFit Coach
This is another great elliptical. It is an efficient, low-impact machine that provides maximum results. The intensity workouts and onboard weight loss combine with iFit Coach to help you achieve your workout goals.
There are many things that make this a great elliptical machine. It has a large LCD window display which helps you track your progress as you work out. The machine also comes with an EKG grip pulse heart-rate sensor. Its step-through design makes exercising a breeze, while the 14-inch stride allows you to experience the ultimate in results.
The oversized pedals accommodate shoes of all kinds. Because the machine has 12 digital resistance levels, it is appropriate for people who live in the same house but who have different workout preferences.
In addition, the ProForm 295 CSE Elliptical comes with an integrated smartphone/tablet holder so that you can use your smartphone while working out. It also has transport wheels to help you move the device around with ease. In addition, the machine has a bottle holder that can hold your water while you exercise.
The device has a weight limit of 250 pounds, which means it can accommodate many users. It also comes with a 90-day warranty.
- The machine offers 12 digital resistance levels.
- It has a 14-inch stride.
- The machine’s oversized pedal accommodates shoes of all types.
- The machine has an EKG grip pulse heart rate sensor.
- Some users have complained of bent parts.
- The machine squeaks and creaks.
Buyer’s Guide to the Best Elliptical Under 500
When shopping for elliptical machines, you will find some options that cost $3000 or more. Can you use a cheaper elliptical and still experience the same workout effects as you’d get from an expensive elliptical? Here are a few things to consider when you select the best elliptical under 500 dollars:
The main factors that determine the performance of an elliptical machine are stride length and resistance. Here is what you can expect from an elliptical under $500:
- Stride length – For low-risk and comfortable elliptical workouts, natural strides are crucial. For most adults, natural strides are 18 to 22 inches. The standard stride for elliptical trainers in health clubs is 20 inches. Unfortunately, for ellipticals under 500 dollars, the stride length is usually shorter. Some ellipticals have strides shorter than 13 inches; these, you should completely avoid. Remember that if the stride length is too short, you might suffer knee pain.
- Resistance – As the elliptical’s flywheel spins, resistance on the pedal is usually controlled by a touch-free magnetic force or contact braking. Today, magnetic resistance has become the standard for cross trainers in all categories.
- Amount of resistance – The main difference between higher-priced trainers and cheap elliptical alternatives is the amount of resistance. When you choose very cheap machines, you will find that they offer light resistance and the rides tend to be not-so-smooth, especially for heavy users. If the resistance is relatively light, the workouts will not be as effective as they should be. Ellipticals under 500 dollars usually have a resistance of between 12 and 15 pounds.
- Resistance levels – The more resistance settings a machine has, the more you will be able to customize your workout. An elliptical under 500 offers a light to powerful force; you will get at least 16 settings.
If you know a few specifications about elliptical machines, you can make a better judgment about the machines’ durability.
- Maximum weight limit – Generally, elliptical trainers have a weight limit of between 300 and 400 pounds. It is important that you buy a unit whose weight limit is at least 250 pounds. Machines with a lower capacity often contain substandard parts.
- Warranty – The warranty package is usually an indicator of the machine’s quality. Parts coverage is one of the most important areas to consider. Even with the best elliptical under 500 dollars, you can expect a 6-month parts warranty. On the other hand, high-end ellipticals offer parts warranties that last for a few years.
- Brand reputation – When you can’t find reviews for new elliptical models, the manufacturer’s reputation can offer an excellent clue as to what you can expect. For example, if a manufacturer’s previous-year models didn’t get good reviews, chances are that this year’s devices won’t do well, either.
People looking for discount elliptical machines with good value should focus mainly on durability and performance. Top-rated elliptical machines under 500 dollars are fairly light on special features. Here are a few answers to frequently asked questions so that you can get acquainted with elliptical machines under 500 dollars:
Are calorie counters on elliptical machines accurate?
This depends on the elliptical machine you buy. High-end elliptical machines have better computers that can more accurately calculate the number of calories as compared to other ellipticals.
However, these calculations are just estimations and, because of various factors, are not 100% accurate. Still, they can be useful.
Are these machines good for the knees?
One of the best things about elliptical machines is that they allow you to engage in low-impact workouts. You can be sure that the machine won’t put a great deal of weight and force on your ankles, knees, and even hips. Therefore, ellipticals are ideal for many people.
However, elliptical use is not recommended for people who are injured.
Can elliptical machines be used to lose weight?
Studies have shown that elliptical machines can help burn more calories as compared to treadmills. Most elliptical machines allow you to engage in full-body workouts, so you can easily burn fat in the process. As such, this machine can be used for weight loss
What muscles can elliptical machines help you work out?
An elliptical machine targets a number of muscles in the body, thus offering a full-body workout. Here are the muscles it works out:
- Deep core muscles
- Gluteus Maximus
- Pectoralis Major
- Tibialis Anterior
When is the best time to buy an elliptical machine?
If you want to get a discounted elliptical machine, you will want to buy at the start of the new year or around the month of June. Demand usually increases in January because many people have set New Year resolutions to exercise. Retailers take advantage of this fact and offer ellipticals for discounted prices.
Another great time to buy elliptical machines is during the summer because many people are done trying to lose weight and are now spending money on vacations. As a result, retailers start offering discounts.
If you want to buy an affordable elliptical machine that can deliver a good workout, you should go for machines that are under 500 dollars. All the ellipticals in this guide are great choices in the category of ellipticals under 500 dollars.
When investing in any piece of workout equipment, you’ll want to choose a machine that will serve you for a long time. That’s the main reason why we have reviewed these best ellipticals under 500 dollars which you can use at home. In addition, we listed a few factors to keep in mind so that you can make solid decisions regarding which elliptical under 500 to purchase.
We hope that this review has given you the information you will need when you look for an elliptical machine under 500. We wish you all the best as you work toward your fitness goals.