8 Best Elliptical Under $300 Reviews 2018 | best budget elliptical Reviews
Are you looking for equipment that can deliver a decent full-body workout? How about elliptical or cross trainers? These pieces of equipment are an excellent choice for beginners or those who want a low-impact workout machine at home.
Maybe you think that you must break the bank to get one of these elliptical machines, Well, that’s not the case. You can still get decent equipment on a tight budget. Low-priced elliptical machines are perfect for home use.
What if your budget is less than $300; can you get a reliable elliptical unit? Yes, of course. I’ve spent a lot of time reviewing and studying some of the most budget-friendly cross trainers, and I’ll be sharing my findings with you. In this article, you’ll get the information you need to purchase any cross-trainer out there.
Let’s take a look at the best elliptical under 300, shall we?
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Elliptical Under 300 – Comparison List
- 2 The 8 Best Elliptical Under 300
- 2.1 #1. BRD2000 Elliptical Machine By Body Rider
- 2.2 #2. Exerpeutic Aero Air Elliptical Cross Trainer
- 2.3 #3. Body Rider BR1830 Fan Elliptical Trainer with Air Resistance System
- 2.4 #4. Sunny Health & Fitness Pink Magnetic Elliptical Cross Trainer
- 2.5 #5. Exerpeutic 1000XL Magnetic Heavy Duty elliptical Trainer
- 2.6 #6. Cubii Jr: Desk Elliptical w/Built in Display Monitor
- 2.7 #7. Goplus 2 IN 1 Elliptical Bike Dual Cross Trainer Machine (Upgraded Model)
- 2.8 #8. Body Champ Cardio Dual Elliptical Workout and Upright Exercise Bike (2 in 1 Dual Trainer)
- 3 Best Elliptical Under 300: Buyers Guide
- 4 FAQs
- 5 Our Recommendation
- 6 Conclusion
Best Elliptical Under 300 – Comparison List
|Body Rider BRD2000 Elliptical||4.5 (Top)||Check Price|
|Exerpeutic Aero Air Cross Trainer||4.2||Check Price|
|Body Rider BR1830 Elliptical||4.0||Check Price|
|Sunny Health Magnetic Trainer||3.8||Check Price|
|Exerpeutic 1000XL Magnetic Cross Trainer||3.7||Check Price|
|Cubbii Jr. Desk Elliptical||4.8 (Best)||Check Price|
|GoPlus 2-in-1 Elliptical||3.4||Check Price|
|Body Champ BRM3671||3.8||Check Price|
The 8 Best Elliptical Under 300
#1. BRD2000 Elliptical Machine By Body Rider
- Elliptical trainer and exercise bike in one machine
- Easy-to-adjust tension knob
- LCD screen to display workout information
- Adjustable seat
- High-momentum fan blades
Our first finalist is the BRD2000 from Body Rider. This machine comes with an exercise bike and a seat for a comfortable workout session. The trainer measures 48 by 28.5 by 59.5 inches and weighs about 65 pounds.
You can use this as either a regular elliptical or as a workout bike; the choice is yours. It is equipped with a high-momentum fan blade flywheel system that gives you smooth, fluid movement. I liked how effortlessly I could adjust the resistance level with the easy-to-turn knob.
What else? A small LCD screen lets you track your progress. The tiny screen displays the calories burned, distance covered, current speed, and time. Luckily, with the large button just below the screen, you can adjust the mode/info to display.
Though the machine weighs only 66 pounds, it can support up to 250 pounds, which is reliable enough.
- The machine is easy to use
- You can choose to use the exercise bike with a fully-adjustable seat onboard.
- The machine can support up to 250 pounds
- It comes with a fitted transport wheel for easy movement
- It can be noisy and wobbly if you are too heavy.
- You need to handle it with care lest the parts break.
#2. Exerpeutic Aero Air Elliptical Cross Trainer
- Natural elliptical motion for less stress on joints
- Quick dial tension adjustment
- Transport wheels
- Large pedals with ridges
- LCD for progress tracking
Are you living in an apartment or a studio with limited space? If you do, this Exerpeutic Aero Air cross trainer could be the perfect choice for you. It measures only 38.6 by 26 by 9.1 inches, which makes it an ideal choice for confined spaces. Furthermore, the machine weighs 50.7 pounds. Even at such a weight, this little beast can support a user weight of up to 220 pounds.
The manufacturer has given this machine a natural elliptical motion that will eliminate on your ankles and joints. It also comes with an easy-dial tension adjustment, like the first piece of equipment on the list.
If you want to move the machine from the living room or the patio once your workout is done, the transport wheels will make that process easy.
- It is compact and easily portable.
- The dual action exercise arms offer a decent upper body workout.
- You can track your progress with the LCD display
- The tension resistance is adjustable
- The edges on the pedals prevent your feet from slipping as you work out
- The natural elliptical movement reduces stress on your joints.
- The machine can be noisy and wobbly.
- It is not a suitable unit for heavy usage.
#3. Body Rider BR1830 Fan Elliptical Trainer with Air Resistance System
- Chain-driven fan wheels
- Friction knob for adjusting resistance levels
- Smart LCD display
- Transport wheels
- Motion handlebars
This elliptical is a patented cross trainer that gives you a decent upper and lower body workout. Moreover, it has zero impact on the joints. Unlike other units, this one comes with a fan wheel that runs smoothly without much noise. The control knob adjusts the resistance level.
This steel-frame machine measures 35.6 by 20.1 by 57.7 inches and weighs 58 pounds. The motion handlebars offer you an ideal upper and lower body workout. Do you want to know how you’re progressing with your workout session? Just check it on the LCD.
- It has an easily adjustable resistance level.
- The machine runs smoothly and quietly.
- You will get a free workout video to guide you.
- You can track your workout progress on the LCD screen.
- It doesn’t take up much space.
- It can support up to 250 pounds.
- Your feet might slip forward as you use the machine.
#4. Sunny Health & Fitness Pink Magnetic Elliptical Cross Trainer
- Colorful pink-hue
- Eight-level tension controller
- Small LCD display
- Large anti-slip foot platform
Hello, ladies! Here is the ideal workout machine to take home with you. The pink colour makes it a perfect choice for women who want attractive-looking workout equipment. Yet don’t be fooled by the pink, girlish look. This elliptical trainer can still deliver an intense workout experience.
At 45.3 by 23.6 by 59.1 inches, it’s bigger than other compact elliptical machines. It weighs 55.1 pounds and supports up to 220 pounds of user weight.
The machine has eight tension levels that you can easily adjust, and features two large anti-slip feet. With this unit, you can enjoy a low-impact workout session. There’s also a tiny LCD screen for tracking your distance covered, calories burned, time, and speed.
- It can make your space look elegant with its pink hue.
- It offers a low-impact workout experience.
- The machine offers 8 levels of tension resistance
- The anti-slip platform prevents your feet from slipping as you work out
- You can track your progress with the LCD screen
- It is easy to use
- This one is not ideal for heavy users.
- It also might not be suitable for multiple heavy usages.
#5. Exerpeutic 1000XL Magnetic Heavy Duty elliptical Trainer
- Natural elliptical motion design
- Pulse pads on stationary handlebars
- Precision-balanced flywheel and V-belt drive
- 8 magnetic tension resistance levels
- Dual-action handlebars
Are you in search of a cross trainer that can withstand multiple uses without breaking down? The Exerpeutic 1000XL is calling you.
This unit will take up some space in your home. It measures 54 by 23 by 63 inches and weighs around 86 pounds. You might think this is too heavy. However, you should keep in mind that the heavier the unit, the higher the maximum weight limit.
Speaking of which, the Exerpeutic 1000XL Elliptical can support up to 300 pounds of user weight.
It has been designed with a natural elliptical motion, and you can enjoy 8 different tension resistance levels. An LCD screen helps you easily track your workout progress. The stationary handlebars come with a pulse pad to monitor your heart rate.
- The resistance levels are adjustable
- The LCD monitor is easy to read
- The flywheel and V-belt have been designed to give you a noiseless workout session
- You can monitor your heart rate with the target zone pulse pads on the handlebars
- The elliptical motion minimizes the common bouncy movement
- The machine is heavy-duty, so it will last for a long time.
- It comes with transport wheels
- It can support up to 300 pounds of user weight
- Assembling this unit can be tedious
- The stride length might be too short for some users.
#6. Cubii Jr: Desk Elliptical w/Built in Display Monitor
- Ergonomic angle design for low impact workout
- Anti-slip pedals
- Compact and sturdy design
- Resistance level adjustment knob
- Small LCD screen
- Two wheel stoppers
People who sit most of the time don’t get a chance to work out, right? Wrong. This elliptical machine from Cubii proves that you can sit while working out.
The machine measures 23.2 by 17.6 by 10 inches and weighs only 35.7 pounds. That makes it the lightest and smallest elliptical trainer on our list. It is perfect for fitting under your office desk or putting in front of the sofa if you are a couch potato all day long.
It has been designed to run quietly and discretely (if you don’t want to interrupt people in the office). The durable and sturdy construction means that you can use it for a long time without it breaking down.
The best part is that you can track your workouts with the fitted display monitor, which tracks your progress in real time. This machine can be set up quickly, in less than 5 minutes. There is a knob to adjust the resistance level, along with wheel stoppers to prevent the machine from rolling.
- It easily fits under the desk
- It has been designed to give you a low-impact workout session
- The machine is built to last for a long time.
- It takes less than 5 minutes to assemble
- The pedals are anti-slip
- You cannot stand on it
- It offers only leg muscle workouts.
#7. Goplus 2 IN 1 Elliptical Bike Dual Cross Trainer Machine (Upgraded Model)
- Sturdy metallic design
- LCD display
- Heart rate sensors on stationary handlebars
- Adjustable seat height
- Quick dial knob for resistance level adjustment
- Sports saddles on pedals
This cross trainer comes with an exercise bike and an elliptical machine.
It measures 36 by 27 by 57 inches and weighs 62 pounds. It also supports a maximum weight limit of 250 pounds, which isn’t bad.
I liked the comfort level of this unit. It is made of heavy-duty steel that not only makes the unit durable but also reduces wobbling when you use it. The pedals come with sports saddles that are very comfortable and that prevent your feet from slipping.
The resistance level and seat heights are both adjustable. You can use this unit either in the living room or out on the patio.
- You can choose the resistance level.
- The sports saddles prevent foot slippage.
- It is made of heavy-duty steel for durability.
- The fan wheel runs smoothly and quietly.
- It is an easy-to-use machine.
- The seat doesn’t have any cushioning, which might be uncomfortable after long use.
- The 220-pound-weight limit is somewhat low.
#8. Body Champ Cardio Dual Elliptical Workout and Upright Exercise Bike (2 in 1 Dual Trainer)
- Effortless controls/adjustments
- Programmable LCD console with 12+ workout programs
- Two-way adjustable seat
- Two pairs of ergonomic handlebars
- Pulse sensors on stationary handlebars
- Foam-padded seat cushion
- Bidirectional foot pedal
The Body Max BRM3671 is a reliable unit that offers a decent workout experience. It is loaded with a deluxe programmable LCD console. Unlike other units on our list, this one has workout programs that you can adjust as you wish.
The machine features 12+ preset workout programs, along with heartrate-controlled programs. This will make your workout session easy.
The cross trainer measures 38.6 by 12.6 by 24 inches and weighs in at 85 pounds. It can support up to 275 pounds – the second machine that supports the highest user weight on this list.
- It comes with a programmable console.
- You can adjust the seat as you wish.
- The machine is comfortable to use.
- The controls are easy to adjust.
- The step-through pedals let you enjoy an effortless workout session.
- It supports up to 275 pounds of user weight.
- The controls might be delicate for a beginner.
Best Elliptical Under 300: Buyers Guide
Now that you have a list of the best cross trainers under $300, I want to share information that you should consider when you want to buy a trainer. First, be sure about the type of elliptical trainer that suits you.
Types of Elliptical Trainers
Essentially, cross trainers come in three categories:
1. Front Drive:
Here, the elliptical machine will come with a large wheel housing located at the front. Front-drive elliptical trainers are less costly, but they can be wobbly and noisy.
Rear-drive cross trainers have a wheel housing just behind the pedals, and tend to have a more extended design than front-drive units. Usually, they come with pedals installed on a track-and-roller system that offers an incline when you work out. Others will come with an arm system/handlebar for smooth exercise.
In terms of design, these are similar to treadmills. However, the pedals are located where the running pad would be. Most center-drive elliptical units are compact in design.
What You Should Consider Before Buying The Best Elliptical Under 300 Dollars
Consider the resistance level:
Assuming that you have decided which type of elliptical trainer you should buy, next consider whether it has a decent resistance level. Ideally, go for one with an adjustable resistance level.
Some units come with a fixed incline while others let you adjust it. I advise you to pick one that meets your workout needs and preferences. However, adjustable incline levels tend to be more reliable.
Consider the stride length offered by the specific machine. This will depend on the height and size/length of your legs.
Other factors you should keep in mind include comfort level, size, weight limit, ease of use/assembly, and the LCD screen for tracking your progress. Also consider whether you want an elliptical with inbuilt workout programs. In addition, a warranty is a plus when you are choosing a machine.
Q: Which is better? A front-drive or a rear-drive machine?
We already saw how these two units work, but usually, most people prefer a rear-drive elliptical machine. The reason is that you can easily locate the drive axle in the back, giving you a smooth feel on the pedals. However, rear-drive units are more expensive than front-drive units.
Q: Must the elliptical machine have a heartrate feature?
It’s not really a must, but it is helpful to have one with a heartrate sensor. This way, you can monitor your heartrate to determine the quality of your workout.
Q: Is a surge protector necessary?
If you are using a plug-in model that runs on electricity, you should definitely purchase a surge protector for it. Those that run on battery power don’t need a surge protector.
Of all the listed products, we recommend the Body Champ BRM3671. This elliptical machine comes with more than 12 workout programs that offer you an intense workout. It also has a comfortable seat that won’t make your bottom sore after long usage. The price might be higher than those of the other machines on the list, but it’s worth every penny.
The adjustability level on this unit is very flexible, which makes it a decent machine to buy.
We would have recommended the Cubii Jr. Desk Elliptical Machine, but it is designed to work only when you are seated.
Also Read: Best Elliptical Under 500 Reviews 2018
I’m confident you have all the information you need before you go for an elliptical machine. These are the best ellipticals under 300, and you can be sure of finding a unit that perfectly suits your workout needs.
Though these are some of the best units I found, you’re free to choose any other machine you prefer. Just make sure you follow the right buyers guide, and you will be certain of making the correct choice.
So, which one will you go for? The ball is in your court.